Friday, July 22, 2011
Painting a Mural and Gardening = A Busy Summer!
How I approach murals:
1. Draw the scene on the wall with pencil
2. I usually work from the upper left down, making sure that the main features are where they need to be.
3. I use artist's acrylics because they have good coverage and dry fast (the fast dry feature is a must when painting in a kid's room)
4. Play some really good music while I'm working... another "must" :-)
5. Seal the mural with a coat of Liquitex Matte Varnish
So sorry I haven't been able to visit lately and see what's going on with your blog... I'll be back as soon as I can to see all the lovely things you're making in your corner of the world!