Enjoy life now... it has an expiration date.



Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Ta-da... a TMC!


Been caught up in this and that, including a weekend out-of-town trip to visit my son and his lovely wife, a visit to the state fair (lots of photo ops there), and various other things that can so easily fill up a day. So easy for me to get sidetracked. Hope you're more disciplined than I am :-)

To get back in the swing of things I did a quick *TMC (Twenty Minute Challenge) yesterday of a grapevine and berries wreath I saw at the state fair. Just can't resist those cheerful red berries entwined among the curvy woody grapevines. Felt good to get a brush in my hands and mix that yummy red paint!

On other fronts, I'm making menu plans for Thanksgiving (see, I'm not always a procrastinator). This year, to avoid the exhausting 2-days-in-kitchen-cooking-and-baking-all-day-thing I'm going to make the pecan pies (4 of them) and the sweet potato pies (4 of those too) ahead of time and freeze them. Both kinds of pies freeze very well so that will take a little of the load off. We have family staying with us for several days over the holidays so it takes quite a bit of cooking. I enjoy taking requests for their favorite foods and making sure they're on the menu. Sweet potato pies, pecan pies, blueberry pies, chicken salad, pimento cheese spread along with ham, turkey and veggies are pretty much staples... we'll see what else they come up with this year.

All this food talk is making me hungry so I'm off to fix some lunch ;-)

15 comments:

Pat said...

Gorgeous, Teresa. These TMCs are really bringing out some great work! xx

Simone said...

A lovely TMC again. You are getting to be a dab hand at these!!! I wish I was at your place for Thanksgiving. Such a variety of pies to choose from. Delicious!

Lynne said...

That's very eye catching. The wreaths sound lovely.
I think you're going to be busy with all that cooking.

Ann said...

Sweet potato pie? Yum!!! I'd love your recipe. These TMCs are fantastic!

martinealison said...

J'aime beaucoup le rendu de votre oeuvre. Très romantique...
Bises

Kathy A. Johnson said...

Nice, Teresa. Hope you enjoy putting your artistry to work on your pies, too!

padmaja said...

A nice TMC again Teresa, relfecting a holiday mood! Your preps for the TG sounds great,sounds like mine for Diwali!

Booklinks said...

Your TMC is great,I love the lights in the red berries.
I think you are much more disciplined than I am!

Mark Sheeky said...

Quite raw looking but you know that would make a great greetings card!

Keith said...

You have been going for it with these quick paintings. How did I miss you had posted so many ?

This one is great, love the composition. Sort of a selected view, but the frame makes it work. It would make a great card.

And do you ship your pecan pie ?

knittingdragonflies said...

I really like the painting! The composition and the red berries! Wow, I'm so impressed!
And Sweet Potato Pies! One of my favorites!! Yummy!
Vicki

Jan said...

This doesn't look like something that only took 20 minutes!

I was eyeing some pumpkin I had tucked away and thinking about making a pie - I think I'd rather have one of yours though (I'm a lousy pie maker!)

Hope you have a wonderful visit with family over the holidays.

Unknown said...

Lovely quick 20 min painting.
Yes I get sidetracked but only if I haven't much to do. I am full steam ahead when organised and lots to do.

Oh you are sure making me feel hungry Teresa. Sound like a wonderful feast.
We don't have thanksgiving in AU but I hope you have a wonderful time with your family.

Gary Keimig said...

Sounds like you have a busy month ahead with your company. Sounds as though everyone is in for a great treat though.
Nice quickie.

Jo Castillo said...

This and your other TMCs are so wonderful. Lovely cards. You are disciplined and I wish I could join in your pie eating, not making. :) We are going to Kentucky for Thanksgiving so I won't have to cook much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...