Enjoy life now... it has an expiration date.



Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Cape Hatteras: an early watercolor


Dug this out recently. It's one of the first watercolors I did- 10-15 years ago? It's of Cape Hatteras light on NC's Outer Banks. This was before the light was moved further inland due to erosion from storms. There are 268 steps from the bottom to the top of the lighthouse.... I know... I climbed them all! I don't think they allow anyone to climb the lighthouse any more. Glad I had that experience while I could.

12 comments:

Ann said...

This is a very nice painting! I had visited there before it was moved and remember that view well.

Michelle said...

This is gorgeous! Lighthouses are so romantic (...except for the thought of walking up all those stairs)!

Laure Ferlita said...

What a gorgeous sky! Great piece of work!

Jo Castillo said...

Very nice Teresa, I like the way you handled the grasses. Good memories.

Acornmoon said...

This is lovely especially the sky.

Rosie said...

What a great painting - love the black and white against the blue sky:)

Jan said...

My last visit was before it was moved & I also climbed to the top. So glad I was a LOT younger then!

Beautiful job on one of our most beautiful landmarks!

Unknown said...

Wow, real great piece of work! Teresa.

Candy said...

I really like this, Teresa! Oh, and I'll take those lizards:)

knittingdragonflies said...

Another great piece. Lighthouses just have that certain something that attracts everyone. To paint, photograph, and climb them, or just to look at them.
Beautiful
Vicki

Krista Meister said...

What a beautiful iconic piece of work! This is easily the most recognizable lighthouse in the country.... I love your interpretation of it.

Debbie Reusch said...

I absolutely love your sky...so real...thank you Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...