Enjoy life now... it has an expiration date.



Wednesday, February 25, 2009

New Project!







Okay... new project underway. Woo Hoo! I love a new painting! Wish I had thought to take photos while in the very beginning stages, but was excited about getting started and jumped right in with both feet.

Meet Gracie, the granddaughter of a friend. This photo was taken while she was in a butterfly costume for her very first Halloween at 7 months old. Bet she got a lot of candy!

I'm posting the original reference, a black and white version of what I've done so far, and the color version as it is now. I posted the black and white because in the actual art work my pencil lines are so faint in some areas that they're not even visible onscreen. The b/w looks awful, but it's only to show the drawing where Gracie is being held by her Grandma. Grandma will be in the painting.... I love the way you see her peeking from behind Gracie.

I've really worked at my cp technique recently and I think (hope!) it's starting to show. A big thank you to Felicity over at Sketches by Fiz who has been a lot of help and has generously shared her expertise, answering every question I asked and even posting WIP's in response to my questions (thank you so much Felicity!). I admired her light touch in her art and really wanted to lighten up my own art. I think I'm looking for a combination of light touch and rich tones in my paintings. To be honest, I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for, but I'll know it when I find it and until then... it sure is fun! I LOVE ART!! :-)

8 comments:

Laure Ferlita said...

She is just too cute!! Looks like you have a great start. I love the lighter touch you're using.

Martina said...

Wow Teresa,
this is going to be great!
I can't await the finished painting!

twincedar said...

Looks like you are off to a great start! Please keep us posted, I look forward to seeing the finished piece.

Teresa Mallen said...

Isn't it great to start a new piece? I like how you decided to compose the piece, i.e. showing the full antennae in her costume.

Lin said...

Teresa!! OH MY GRACIOUS!! This is going to be so dang adorable!!! WOWOWOW!!! Keep it coming! What a beautiful child!

Blessings too for the award ... you are too kind!

I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Lynne said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the painting take shape. You have my admiration being able to paint.  Sweet butterfly.

Grahame Butler said...

you cant help but smile at this pic, looks like another great drawing Teresa.

Jan said...

This is going to be soooo great! I like that you decided to include Grandma too. I think this is going to be a really special painting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...